Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Modern Whig: Expected Attacks



There has been an anonymous blogger that has decided to take it upon himself or herself to try to discredit the founders and leaders of the Modern Whig Party. They are attacking the record, integrity and patriotism of veterans and other leaders, and that is unacceptable. I ended up being part of this attack, and they tried to use my name to accomplish their goals. About a week ago, I sent an internal letter to the leadership of the MWP notifying them that I will be stepping down as chair of Georgia. The vicechairman will be taking my role. I felt it was best for Georgia as the vicechairman has a unique vision that will help Georgia, and I wanted to make sure he had all the resources he could to bring that to fruition. Well, the blogger at "The Truth About the Modern Whigs..." found out and decided to turn a letter in which I praised the organization and the people and misquoted me. It is unfortunate, but I am now consulting with other attorneys and am considering legal action against this blogger. But, there is a lesson here, in that what has been done is typical of what is going on now in politics. When our politicians disagree with each other, instead of being agreeable, they attack each other, often ending in personal attacks. Despite what you hear, most of the people that are elected are good people.


Here is a screencap of a posting about my transfer. the blogger took it down, but I had already saved the misquoted posting.




No comments:

Post a Comment