Friday, December 4, 2009

Gay Rights

If you have read this blog, you probably already know that I have an issue with current state of affairs with regards to gay rights. But, you would also know that my issue is not due to any moral or religious belief (I do not want/need my government to enforce my religion), but due to a sheer Constitutional error.

Okay, in simple terms, according to our Constitution and to what we try to endeavor to be as a society, the rights granted to a man are the same as or equivalent to the rights granted to a woman. In other words, under our Constitution, Man = Woman.

Now, currently, under Federal law, a marriage is a man and a woman, e.g. Man + Woman = Marriage.

But, if we are true to ourselves and our belief in the Constitution, each component is substitutable because each are equivalent. In other words:

Man + Woman = Marriage
Man = Woman, therefore

Man + Man = Marriage or
Woman + Woman = Marriage.

So, those that oppose right given to gay people, do you oppose equal rights among the sexes or do you oppose marriage?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant logic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very logical. If you wouldn't mind, I may use this in a debate I'm having.

    ReplyDelete